Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Puerto Madero, also known within the urban planning community as the Puerto Madero Waterfront, is a barrio of Buenos Aires in Argentina in the central business district, occupying a significant portion of the Río de la Plata riverbank and representing the latest architectural trends.
Café Florida Street., Tucumán, AAK, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Florida Street (Spanish: Calle Florida) is a popular shopping street in Downtown Buenos Aires, Argentina. A pedestrian street since 1971, some stretches have been pedestrianized since 1913.
The pedestrian section as such starts at the intersection of Perú Street and Avenida de Mayo, a block north of the Plaza de Mayo; Perú Street crosses Rivadavia Avenue, and becomes Florida Street. Florida Street runs northwards for approximately one kilometer to Plaza San Martín, in the Retiro area. It intersects Buenos Aires's other pedestrian street, Lavalle, at the heart of the former cinema district.
Florida is one of the city's leading tourist attractions. Florida Street bustles with shoppers, vendors, and office workers alike because of its proximity to the financial district. By evening, the pace relaxes as street performers flock to the area, including tango singers and dancers, living statues, and comedy acts. Its variety of retail stores, shopping arcades, and restaurants is of great interest to foreign tourists and business travelers.
Galerías Pacífico, Avenida Córdoba, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Galerías Pacífico is a shopping centre in Buenos Aires, Argentina, located at the intersection of Florida Street and Córdoba Avenue.
Like the Bon Marché in Paris, at the end of the 19th century, Francisco Seeber and Emilio Bunge created the Bon Marché Argentino. A place that would offer the latest expressions of world fashion. Thus was born an imposing architectural work, with intersecting streets, glass vaults and a spacious and elegant central dome.
After the economic crisis of 1890, in 1908, a construction sector was sold to the Buenos Aires al Pacífico railway. In 1945 the architects Jorge Aslan and Héctor Ezcurra planned the remodeling of the building, separating the shopping gallery from the railway offices and including the murals in the central dome.
In 1989, the building was declared a National Historic Monument and later, it was handed over to Galerías Pacífico S.A. and on May 18, 1992, the magnificent Commercial and Cultural Center was inaugurated.